Programming with Scratch
The future of technology begins with computer coding, but where’s a good place to start if you have the passion, just not the knowledge? Why, Programming with Scratch curriculum in Talent Box, of course! Scratch is a beginner-friendly, block-based language program that you can use to make fun games and short, animated scenes; in the process, you’ll learn the basic techniques and common habits of computer programmers around the world. YOUR future starts here…
- Why It Matters: Computer programming continues to be one of our world’s most vital industries; the foundations of the internet, business and financial sectors, service/entertainment applications, and much more are built on what humans have been able to achieve through programming and coding.
- 21st Century Skills Acquired: Initiative, communication, productivity, technical and informational literacy
- Learning Objectives: Students will recognize and describe how simple motion, loops, conditional statements, and events work in coding. Students will also develop and reproduce sounds, looks, buttons, and functions.
- Recommended Technology: Scratch
- Recommended Ages: 6 and up