Robots aren’t just characters in the Star Wars universe. As technology continues to develop in surprising, sophisticated ways, robots have emerged to make our lives easier and the world more productive, but how do they work exactly? Robotics curriculum in Talent Box introduces several disciplines of engineering and, with the use of LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3, enables students to program machines to move, execute commands, interact, and solve challenging, real-life problems. R2-D2 has nothing on you!
- Why It Matters: Programming computers and robots are increasingly prevalent realities in students’ lives, both in school and society. Learning robotics principles helps kids identify how science, math, and engineering merge and interact; additionally, kids have the opportunity to explore ideas of technological precision and efficiency.
- 21st Century Skills Acquired: Critical thinking, initiative, design process, productivity, technical and informational literacy
- Learning Objectives: Students will utilize plans and instructions to build, code, and operate mobile/mechanized robots in simple and multi-system formats. Students will also experiment with how robots solve problems and perform tasks.
- Recommended Technology: LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3
- Recommended Ages: 8 and up